If your question is not answered below then feel free to contact us and we will answer your query.
1. What period does the annual subscription cover?
The subscription starts from the 1st September for a year. If you join after this date the subscription is still the same, which still represents good value for money especially when you take into account the cost of playing a game – which takes me onto the next question.
2. How much does it cost to play?
£3.00 – £1 for booking the court, £2 for the lights.
3. How do you book courts?
There are booking sheets at the club, courts can be booked upto a fortnight in advance. The courts are booked by placing a stamp on to the sheet at the time you want to play. There is a stamp vending machine at the club to purchase your stamps (£1 each).
4. Can stamps be purchased anywhere else?
Stamps can be purchased from the Bursar of Stamford School:
16 St.Paul’s Street
Lincs. PE9 2BE
5. How much time do you get for one court booking?
6. What age does the Junior category go up to?
Juniors include all those in full time education. However, there is a reduced fee for under 13s.
7. Is it possible to have any coaching?
Yes. Once you are a member you can have coaching with either Bernard Miles (01733 562283) or Del House (01476 574506). Contact them direct to discuss your personal requirements.
8. How do I become a member of England Squash (formerly known as the SRA)?
If you are a member of Stamford Squash Club, you can get England Squash membership via the Club. Contact the Treasurer, Dave Spooner to arrange it for you.
9. I’ve lost my door swipe card – how do I get a replacement?
Please send a cheque for £5 (payable to Stamford Squash Club) to the Membership Secretary, Maurice Mosdell, 20 Godiva Crescent, Bourne, Lincs. PE10 9QU. Please include a stamped addressed envelope that you want it sending to and Maurice will send you a replacement.